I am currently enjoying my magicJack, pushing it to its limits. A very good resource I found is the Unofficial MagicJack Forum which provided a lot tips and tricks to use your magicJack, obviously. For those who don't know what magicJack, please read my previous article on what magicJack can do for you or you can read The Coffee Desk's review on magicJack.
In this article, I will put the steps to use your magicJack credentials on fring. What is fring, fring is a beautiful application that allows phones with Symbian OS to utilize services like Skype, Facebook, Twitter, etc. It was originally designed for the Symbian OS but has since expanded to include Windows Mobile and the iPhone.
Before anything, I will state that this hack is a violation of your magicJack TOS, and I will not be responsible for any liability that you may encounter doing this. I did it only for curiosity and nothing more.
The trick to using your magicJack on fring is to get your SIP credentials from your magicJack and applying them on fring. So without further ado, here it is.
For those who want to try their SIPs on Fring, here is what I did, btw my phone is a Samsung Omnia (Windows Mobile)
1. Use stroths MagicJack utilites to get your SIP credentials
2. Download the latest Fring and install on your phone
3. Go to SIP
4. Choose Others
5. Enter your Username, this is the user start E your phone digits and 01 ie. EXXXXXXXXXX01
6. Enter your 20 char password, I believe they fixed the 18 digit limitation
7. Enter your proxy and add port 5070 (ie. proxy01.sanfrancisco.talk4free.com:5070
9. SIP is now available in fring, you can check by looking at the SIP icon, it should have a green check.
10. The person your calling should be on your buddy list, somehow it does not work if you just enter a number.
11. Use menu option -> call -> by SIP
Tip: One way to add it to your buddy list is to add it via Skype. The Fring -Skype add-on gets your lists automatically, so you don't have to add it to your phone memory.
Tip: Use wifi instead of 3G, it sounds and works better.
Update: After the June 9 update, this hack will not work anymore.
Update: After the October 2010 update, MagicJack has initiated another round of authentication changes which makes it difficult to capture the password. The reason is they keep changing it after a few times. this hack will not work anymore.